URGENT – WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service Saint Louis MO 257 PM CST Sun Nov 10 2019
ILZ058>060-064-098>102-MOZ049-051-052-059>065-111100- /O.NEW.KLSX.WW.Y.0021.191111T1200Z-191111T2200Z/ Bond IL-Calhoun IL-Franklin MO-Gasconade MO-Greene IL- Jefferson MO-Jersey IL-Lincoln MO-Macoupin IL-Madison IL- Monroe IL-Montgomery IL-Montgomery MO-Osage MO-Saint Charles MO- Saint Clair IL-Saint Louis City MO-Saint Louis MO-Warren MO- Including the cities of Alton, Belleville, Cahokia, Edwardsville, Litchfield, Saint Charles, Saint Louis, Sullivan, Union, and Washington 257 PM CST Sun Nov 10 2019
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TO 4 PM CST MONDAY…
* WHAT…Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of up to one inch. Winds gusting as high as 30 mph.
* WHERE…Portions of central and east central Missouri and south central and southwest Illinois.
* WHEN…From 6 AM to 4 PM CST Monday.
* IMPACTS…Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…The rapid fall of temperatures into the 20s could result in a flash freeze of untreated roads and other surfaces, especially for areas north and west of Saint Louis.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of accumulating snow will primarily cause travel difficulties. Roads may rapidly become slippery once the snow begins, so motorists should plan for a slower than normal trip. Be especially alert when approaching bridges, overpasses, and curves.